Saturday 16 November 2019

DHL v Trustpilot

Figures just taken from this website don't paint too good a picture about DHL. I've highlighted a couple of integrity issues, there are more.


It's not that they fail to meet their service agreements, it's the cover ups. But when you self regulate, it's what you can get away with.

Forged signatures

Drivers constantly sign for my packages for me, and dump them into shops in a town 15 mins away from me. Expensive orders have gone missing and been damaged as a result.

Lying Delivery Drivers

After three full days expecting a delivery (which kept being rescheduled at the end of each day without DHL providing any reason for it), on day 3 they finally marked it as "Recipient moved", and it said on the website that I could pick up my parcel elsewhere "as requested" (I had not requested any such thing). After calling customer service to try to understand why they had failed to deliver my parcel, and are making me have to go pick it up elsewhere, they said that it is standard practice after two failed deliveries.

Now, my husband and I work from home, where we run a small company. Nobody had showed up to deliver the parcel as claimed by DHL. Our phone number was also provided on the parcel details, and yet nobody called.

I understand that picking up the parcel somewhere else is not the end of the world but it is simply not right that if a customer is paying to have it delivered on a particular date and at a particular address, they should be made to wait five days over the expected delivery date and drive god knows where to pick it up when they were in fact at the address provided. In addition to the aggravation and time spent dealing with customer service.

The problem is that this is just standard practice with this company. Lying delivery drivers, or perhaps they are just under too much stress to cover large distances in little time so they resort to this. In any case, you'll be better off with anyone other company.

After speaking to customer service my parcel has been rescheduled for delivery two days from now, so we'll see what happens next. The customer service guy was friendly and helpful but I'm done with the delivery drivers in this company.

In any case, this is not my first bad experience with DHL. It was my mistake for giving it another chance. Check their international sites here on Trustpilot, there's good reason they have an awful score.
If something like this happens to you voice your discontent to the sender, particularly if they are a large company that sends a large volume of parcels. When large companies stop hiring DHL's services they might start thinking of changing their malpractice.

No comments:

Post a Comment